Trying to stick to your diet, but sick of picking at the veggie platter at every sporting event watch party? I definitely find myself nibbling on raw veggies with a bit of hummus while jealously watching others dig into their plates of yummy game-day food. This post is not to discredit the classic crudités platter (in fact, I’m usually the one that brings it! 😅), but rather to broaden the horizon of diet-friendly dishes!
If you are hosting, you could easily put together an amazing spread with these recipes or even just choose one item to bring to a potluck party. Just because they’re lightened up doesn’t mean that they aren’t flavorful! I talked a little bit about my positive experience with Weight Watchers in this post and while I’m not as regimented about it as I could be, their Freestyle Program has really helped me to generally improve my lifestyle and to create healthier eating habits.
These were the yummiest sounding recipes that I could find and now I want ALL OF THEM.
– Buffalo Chicken Dip (0 SP) (jazz up those veggies!)
– Skinny Ranch Dip (0 SP) (toss that oily ranch dressing and opt for this lighter, tangier version!)
– Skinny Onion Dip (2 SP) (yummiest and easiest way to make healthy veggie dips – you heard it here first)
– Seven Layer Dip (3 SP)
– Crispy Garlic Edamame (1 SP)
– Pizza Puffs (1 SP)
– Savory Chex Mix (3 SP)
– Cheesy Balls (3 SP)
– Slow Cooker Chicken Wings (1 SP)
– Turkey, Avocado and Hummus Roll-Ups (3 SP)
– Pigs in a Blanket (5 SP)
– BLT Pasta Salad (5 SP)
– Turkey, Corn & Black Bean Chili (0 SP)
– Crispy Parmesan Chicken Strips (5 SP)
– Macaroni & Cheese (4 SP)
– Grilled Chicken Nachos (12 SP)
I hope that this collection of tasty recipes inspires you to move beyond the crudités platter!
If you’re interested, I have an even larger collection of lightened up recipes on my Pinterest which can be found here.
This adorable guacamole serving bowl from my Instagram post can be found here. (My bestie bought it for me for my birthday last year and I LOVE it!)
Who else is watching the Super Bowl this weekend (voluntarily or not)? Tell me in the comments!