Didn’t we JUST put Christmas decorations away?! I can’t believe that January is already over… 2020 is flying by already! Valentine’s Day is around the corner and it will be here before we know it! I’m still working on my Hawaii posts, but thought it would be more timely to post some Valentine’s Day suggestions here for you! I’m sharing some gift ideas, romantic night in menu options, as well as a few local Seattle florists and restaurants offering specials for the holiday!
Some gifts I thought would be nice to give or receive for Valentine’s Day (even if you’re celebrating by having fun with your friends):
Diptyque – Paris en Fleur candle
Local Eclectic – beautiful dainty jewelry pieces in all price ranges (order by Feb 6th for gift to arrive in time!)
Fragrance Sampler from Sephora
Couples’ Massage (you’ll have to do your own local research on this one 😉)
Gourmet treats delivered by mail (cookies, gourmet popcorn, fruit, bottles of wine, chocolates, etc.)
Wine-flavored gummies (Trio: Chardonnay, Merlot, Rosé)
Sugarfina candies (mix-and-match bento box)
Romantically themed kitchen items (please don’t take this suggestion the wrong way; I LOVE a themed pie pan or cookie cutter. lol!)
For my Seattle readers:
– My wedding florist Kristen VanderYacht of Wild Bloom Floral always has the most gorgeous arrangements — they always take my breath away! He usually offers a few different styles / color schemes to choose from to suit your darling’s fancy! He will be working with Mercer Island Florist for this year’s Valentine’s Day! When you call to place an order, specifically request that the arrangement is one of Kristen’s designs! I promise that he won’t disappoint.
– Another sweet local florist is Carolyn of Flowers on 15th! She will make an adorable bespoke arrangement according to what you’re looking for (a favorite color, flower, etc.). The level of love and care that Carolyn puts into each arrangement totally comes through in the arrangement’s final result.
The Seattle Met has posted an awesome guide listing Where to Eat Out for V-Day in Seattle, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite local spots that will have fun Valentine’s Day Specials:
– Fiasco (for the wine lovers — dinner + wine pairing menu should be released soon)
– Rione XIII (set chef’s menu – $85 pp)
– Lady Yum (for macarons – either stay & pair w/ champagne or grab gift packs to go!)
– Hot Cakes for yummy, decadent, and romantic desserts (either stay at the restaurant and enjoy or take-and-bake!)
If you’re keeping it super low-key this year (which is usually how we play it) it’s always very romantic to stay home and have a night in with just one another.
– Set the mood with a Spotify Playlist! Some options to choose from: Timeless Love Songs, Relaxing and Romantic Playlist, Romantic Dinner, Love Songs and Chill, Romantic Love Ballads, French Love Songs / French Love Songs – Vol 2, and Love in Paris.
Romantic Recipe Roundup:
> Homemade Heart-Shaped Pop Tarts – this would be a fun one with (or without!) kiddos
> Filet Mignon
> Garlic Butter Steak
> Pork Tenderloin with Wine Sauce
> Pasta with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta
> Lemon Garlic Shrimp
> Seared Scallops with Bacon & Spinach
> Lemon Garlic Butter Lobster Tails w/ Parmesan Breadcrumb Topping
> Tomato Basil Baked Fish
> Duck Breast with Pomegranate-Citrus Glaze
> Easy Chicken Parmesan
> Golden Chicken Cordon Bleu
> Cranberry Balsamic Roasted Chicken
> Caprese-Stuffed Chicken
> Spinach Lasagna Rolls
> Asparagus, Lemon & Spinach Orzo “Risotto”
> Lentil “Meatballs” in Lemon Pesto
> Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
> and literally anything that Ina Garten makes 😂
If you have a favorite dessert from a local restaurant or bakery, you can always order one for carry-out and focus your efforts on the main course, OR you could bake an easy dessert (+ topping!) together which would be super fun and romantic as well!
I would be remiss if I didn’t (re-)share my favorite sparkling wines with you for the occasion; you can usually find bottles from this winery at TotalWine as well as at most Safeway grocery stores! Can’t go wrong with a red from this winery either — definitely a Napa fave for us!
I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!