Happy National Cheesecake Day!! I love to indulge in a slice of creamy, silky cheesecake whenever the opportunity arises, and since today is the official national holiday I am definitely participating!
However, because I am watching my weight and actively trying to slim down, I avoided making a full cheesecake this year and made myself a Weight Watchers-friendly cheesecake-flavored protein shake instead that only costs 3 Freestyle Smart Points! (I’ll be going to Dance Church tonight for the first time in forever so it will be the perfect treat to help me cool down and recover afterward!)
– 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
– 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
– 1 tbsp sugar-free cheesecake-flavored pudding mix
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 frozen banana
– a few cubes of ice (I used ~8)
– 1 tbsp crushed graham cracker (for garnish; optional and will affect SmartPoint total)
Directions: Add almond milk first, then protein powder, pudding mix and vanilla extract; put frozen banana pieces and ice cubes in last (use this specific order for a smoother blending experience). Blend until smooth; pour into glass, and for a little additional “cheesecake” experience, garnish with crushed graham crackers. Enjoy!
In case you are also participating in Weight Watchers or are generally looking for waistline-friendly cheesecake options, I have rounded up a few additional recipes below:
– Zero WW Point Cheesecake 0 SP per serving –
– Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle 1 SP per serving –
– No Bake Graham Cracker Cheesecake 3 SP per serving –
– Berry Cheesecake “Salad” 3 SP per serving –
– Cherry Cheesecake Bites 4 SP per serving (2 bites!) –
– Mini Cheesecakes with Oreo Crust 5 SP per serving –
– Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cheesecake 6 SP per serving –
– New York Style Cheesecake 8 SP per serving –
– Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake 9 SP per serving –
For comparison purposes, a slice of low-carb Cheesecake Factory cheesecake is 27 SP, so even though 9 SP is pretty high for a serving of the aforementioned Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake, it’s still much lighter than the traditional version. #perspective
Save those Points for times like this!
If you’re looking for “quick & dirty” cheesecake flavor and creaminess, try adding Plain/Original Greek Yogurt and sugar-free Cheesecake Pudding Mix! I like to combine a 16 oz container of Greek yogurt with a whole box of the mix — you can get four 1/2 cup servings out of it (that are only 1 SP per serving!)
Top Tip: slowly add the powder when mixing instead of dumping the whole packet in because the texture will remain gritty and won’t fully integrate. (It gets thick pretty quickly, so it ends up being a pretty good arm workout by the end! lol)