Happy Friday, friends! Welcome to another edition of Friday Finds! This week has been crazy busy for us not only at work, but we are traveling to Las Vegas next week and have had a ton of last-minute errands to run ahead of our travel. We are heading to Las Vegas because my brother-in-law and his fiancée are getting married on Halloween! How fun is that!? My husband and I are so ready for the weekend to be here and I know that you are too! Fortunately, for your weekend (and future weekends) my first two finds are food-related, so get out there and enjoy some yummy meals!
– Seattle Restaurant Week: Restaurant Week has become so popular in Seattle that restaurants now participate twice a year!! The second SRW installment of 2018 is happening now from October 21st-November 8th! 165+ Seattle restaurants are each curating a dedicated 3-course menu for $33. This is sometimes an opportunity for chefs to get a little creative with their usual menu, or it can be a way for patrons to try multiple restaurants’ “always” menu items in a way that won’t break the bank! Check out The Seattle Times for the list of participating restaurants (and filters to make your search even easier) and make your reservations quickly because SRW spots fill up fast!
– New Seattle Restaurant: Earlier this week, it was announced that James Beard Award winning Chef Edouardo Jordan is opening his third restaurant! Next month Lucinda Grain Bar will be joining Chef Jordan’s two wildly successful restaurants JuneBaby and Salare in the same Seattle neighborhood of Ravenna. My husband and I are both huge fans of JuneBaby and are so excited to see what Chef has in store with his newest concept. This is definitely a restaurant to keep your eye on come November.
– New Shoes: If you care even a tiny bit about the British Royal Family, you’ve probably heard by now that the Duchess of Sussex is pregnant! Harry and Meghan are expecting a little one in the spring of 2019! Royal or not, I always get excited about new babies! Harry and Meghan are currently traveling around Australia and I can’t imagine the toll that high heels must be taking on Meghan’s poor pregnant feet during all of their engagements. Luckily, Meghan is a savvy woman and brought stylish flats to change into later on in the day… and I thought that I recognized the style in one of the photos. Sure enough, they are made by the new (to me) brand: Rothy’s!
I purchased a pair of Rothy’s loafer style a couple of months ago and I just adore them! They are made of recycled plastic and while it may sound unbelievable they are SO comfortable. I have to admit that the very best thing about them is that they are actually washable! As in, you can totally toss them in your washing machine when they get dirty and they come out looking brand new! The price tag will show that they’re a bit of an investment, but since you can clean them over and over and they come in such classic colors and styles, you’re really going to get a lot of “bang for your buck” with them. In my experience, my pair have fit true to size and I wore them all over Paris earlier this year without getting a single blister (and if Rothy’s are good enough for the Duchess of Sussex, they’re good enough for me! LOL!).
If you’d like a discount on your first purchase, click here!
– New Britney: In case you missed it, last week Britney Spears announced that she will be taking up another Las Vegas Residency in early 2019 at Park MGM! While I know that Britney isn’t the most talented singer who has ever lived, I have always wanted to see one of her live performances. It’s been a Bucket List item for me since her “… Baby One More Time” album was released. I have a soft place in my heart for 1990’s and early 2000’s pop/hip-hop and Britney was the Princess of Pop! I can’t wait to cross that item off of my Bucket List next year. Are any of you Britney fans? Are you planning to see her “Domination” Residency?
– Seasonal Throws: When the temperatures start to drop, the first things we pull out of the closet are our faux fur throw blankets. We bought a pair from Restoration Hardware two years ago and they are our favorite thing to share and snuggle up under to watch a movie together. The color we own isn’t available this year, but I really think that this one is absolutely gorgeous. They are the best imitation of real fur and are so warm — talk about form and function! Pottery Barn also has a selection is just as premium and cozy.
(Run, don’t walk! All blankets are currently on sale — take 25% off with code: “HOLIDAY”!!)
– Whole Foods Opening: If you live on or near the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, you may have noticed a structure being built at the corner of Madison and Broadway over the past few months. The ground floor will be a Whole Foods Market and the remaining floors will provide apartment units. I can’t tell you how much we have been looking forward to this location opening (in order to avoid the South Lake Union logistical nightmare) and it’s finally happening on Tuesday, October 30th!! According to their press release “The opening day celebration will include sampling, spin-to-win opportunities and a DJ.” I know where I want be next Tuesday… see you there? 🙃
What do you have planned this weekend? Will you be staying cozy indoors or venturing out of the house? Let me know in the comments below! Whichever you end up doing, I hope that you have a great weekend!