Trying to stick to your diet, but sick of picking at the veggie platter at every sporting event watch party? I definitely find myself nibbling on raw veggies with a bit of hummus while jealously watching others dig into their plates of yummy game-day food. This post is not to discredit the classic crudités platter (in fact, I’m usually the one that brings it! 😅), but rather to broaden the horizon of diet-friendly dishes!
If you are hosting, you could easily put together an amazing spread with these recipes or even just choose one item to bring to a potluck party. Just because they’re lightened up doesn’t mean that they aren’t flavorful! I talked a little bit about my positive experience with Weight Watchers in this post and while I’m not as regimented about it as I could be, their Freestyle Program has really helped me to generally improve my lifestyle and to create healthier eating habits.
These were the yummiest sounding recipes that I could find and now I want ALL OF THEM.
– Buffalo Chicken Dip (0 SP) (jazz up those veggies!)
– Skinny Ranch Dip (0 SP) (toss that oily ranch dressing and opt for this lighter, tangier version!)
– Skinny Onion Dip (2 SP) (yummiest and easiest way to make healthy veggie dips – you heard it here first)
– Seven Layer Dip (3 SP)
– Crispy Garlic Edamame (1 SP)
– Pizza Puffs (1 SP)
– Savory Chex Mix (3 SP)
– Cheesy Balls (3 SP)
– Slow Cooker Chicken Wings (1 SP)
– Turkey, Avocado and Hummus Roll-Ups (3 SP)
– Pigs in a Blanket (5 SP)
– BLT Pasta Salad (5 SP)
– Turkey, Corn & Black Bean Chili (0 SP)
– Crispy Parmesan Chicken Strips (5 SP)
– Macaroni & Cheese (4 SP)
– Grilled Chicken Nachos (12 SP)
I hope that this collection of tasty recipes inspires you to move beyond the crudités platter!
Who else is watching the Super Bowl/Maroon 5 concert this weekend (voluntarily or not)? Tell me in the comments!